......eyebrows are sisters, not twins
PRE-CARE AND AFTERCARE
- Do not have any type of facials 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
- In order to avoid excess bleeding and poor colour deposit: do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your procedure.
- Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief before and after as this thins the blood.
For the first 3-6 days, the colour intensity of your procedure will be significantly darker, as well as larger and sharper than what is expected for the final outcome. Although the area will appear healed after 10 days, it will not be fully healed for 4-6 weeks due to the outer layer skin exfoliation.
One procedure cannot ensure the desired outcome. In some cases, we need to see how our clients react to the pigment and review the healing process after the first procedure. Therefore, we offer one free touch-up visit within 3 months of the first procedure. In some cases (involving removal / colour correction / camouflage / scar tissue / iron disorder) an extra charge may apply on extra touch-ups.
FOR ALL PROCEDURES
- Day of treatment: Gently blot the area with clean tissue or cloth to absorb excess fluid throughout the day. Apply a thin layer of Vaseline on area (just enough to moisturize).
- Day 1-7: Gently wash area morning and night with water and soap. Pat dry with clean tissue/cloth. Apply thin layer of Vaseline to treated area, being mindful not to over apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. Apply every few hours or whenever you feel tender, itchy or dry for the first few days.
- Before showering, apply thin layer of Vaseline on treated area. Do not let the shower directly stream on the treated area.
- Try to sleep on your back to protect the pigmented area.
- DO NOT rub, scratch or pick any crust along the tattooed/treated area. Early removal of pigment crusts may result in lost colour.
- DO NOT apply makeup on the treated area during the healing process (10-14 days).
- Avoid swimming, soaking, steam baths, hot yoga, and facials for the first week.
- Avoid applying Exfoliates or AHA/glycolic acid products to the treated area.
- Avoid sun exposure (including tanning beds) during the healing process.
- Avoid excessive sweating and long hot showers for the first 7-10 days.
No facials, Botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after treatment.
- The eyebrows may be red and swollen for the first few hours or the first day. The colour will look darker for the first 5 days until the scab peels off, at which time it will lighten. DO NOT rub, scratch or pick.
- Do not use any cosmetic makeup around the eye area for the first 10 days. Do not disturb the lash roots by touching or rubbing the area.
- Eyelids may be puffy and swollen for the first few days. To reduce swelling, you may place a CLEAN, cold cloth (from fridge, not freezer) over the area for approx. 10 min. at a time.
LONG TERM CARE FOR ALL PROCEDURES
- Use a good sunscreen daily on tattooed area as this will help retain the colour.
- The pigment is iron-oxide based which your body slowly absorbs, and the colour will fade over time. You may desire a touch-up every 1-3 years.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, MRI or other medical procedure, please let the technician know that you have an iron-oxide cosmetic tattoo.
- If you are planning to have laser treatment, tell your laser specialist to avoid the pigmented area. Laser may cause pigment to darken.